Insurance paperwork is enough to make you sick!
Most insurance companies require you to obtain authorization, known as precertification, for CTs, MRIs, PET, and some nuclear medicine procedures. Please check your insurance card to see if you are required to obtain precertification before you have your exam.
When you’re in the best of health, dealing with insurance paperwork can be confusing, and when you’re worried or not feeling well, it’s absolutely daunting. We in the SIRA billing office will do what we can to help you if you call or bring your paperwork to our office located across the street from the Imaging Center, at 429 Landmark Avenue.
SIRA is in network with the following insurance providers:
- *Anthem – All regular Anthem products except Anthem Medicaid
- BCCP (Breast and Cervical Cancer Program)
- Choice Care/Humana
- *CIGNA In-Network at SIRA Imaging Center
- Encore – Can be used by several different companies or employers.
- *Healthy Indiana Plans (HIP)
- Indiana Comprehensive Health
- Indiana Health Network (IHN) – Can be used by several different companies or employers.
- Medicaid – Indiana – No out-of-state Medicaid. Patient is responsible for charges.
- Medicaid – Restricted – A referral from your primary care physician to SIRA Imaging or to SIRA Inc. is needed, depending where services are rendered if SIRA is not listed on web site/swipe ticket for patient. A referral to the specialist ordering the x-ray does not cover SIRA.
- *Medicaid Managed Care plans
– Managed Health Services (MHS)
Medicaid managed care plans require precertification for certain radiology services, MRIs, CTs, PETs, etc. They do NOT give retroactive precertification.
- Medical Mutual
- Medicare – Medicare-managed care or replacements (e.g., Unicare, Humana Gold Choice, Anthem, etc.)
- Medicare / Railroad Medicare
- Sagamore – Used by several different companies or employers – card should list Sagamore on it somewhere.
- Tricare – Healthnet Federal Services, for active service members and families, and Wisconsin Physicians-Tricare for Life (retirees)
- Unicare – Through Anthem contract, claims filed to Unicare.
- United Healthcare
- Veterans – Not contracted, but the VA discount is honored if visit approved by Veterans
- VIM – For Hospital Services only. ER visits not covered under VIM unless sent to ER by VIM. VIM patients are not seen at Imaging Center (exception: mammograms, etc., patient should have paperwork).
We know, the billing paperwork can be confusing, too.
After your services, you will receive an invoice from SIRA. If the services you received were conducted at Bloomington Hospital, Bloomington Hospital of Orange County or Dunn Memorial Hospital, you will receive a separate invoice from that organization. These are separate charges, each of which you are responsible for paying. We try to make our part of the invoicing as clear as possible, but if you have questions regarding your bill, please call the billing office.
SIRA Billing Office information
Phone 812-332-8242 or 800-951-4621
Open Monday-Friday, 8 A.M. to 5 P.M.
If you need more paperwork help than we can give you…
Patients seeking financial and insurance support should visit the Patient Advocate Foundation, a national non-profit organization.